June 07, 2018 | 3min read
Getting Ready for Tech Open Air—Let’s Meet in Berlin!
As summer approaches, we’ve been actively planning our calendars. Our Creative Team heads to the top #UX design events (check out the ultimate list of the UX conferences!) and our engineers chose some of the #tech conferences that can’t be missed (you can check them out here). One of them is definitely Tech Open Air in Berlin that we’ll be attending in less than 3 weeks! If you’re planning to go, let us know—we would love to grab a coffee there!
Created in 2012 by a bunch of tech enthusiasts, the event connects various spheres of the energetic business scene in Berlin. By putting technology in the broader context, organizers are close to us and our MCE conference, believing that the future of work and life depends on its progress and shape. Understanding technology—how it works and what it can add to our current reality—allows us to take a full advantage of it. The organizers also feel, that it can all be achieved by the collaboration between people from all industries—not just strictly tech.
As part of the preparation for this disruptive event, we’ve listed the speakers and talks we find the most interesting.
- Dominic Williams (President & Chief Scientist of Dfinity) founded the DFINITY project, a public decentralized cloud computing resource, in January 2015. During TOA he will give a talk on the infinite scalability and a decentralized alternative to traditional cloud hosting. We’ll find out how to build decentralized apps on the next generation of cloud hosting using the WebAssembly virtual machine.
- Kaave Pour (Co-Founder & Creative Dir. at Space10) will discuss ‘Designing for Natural Interfaces’. He will answer the question of how designing for the world will look like, when AI will be more independent and everything and everyone will be digitally connected. He is a 28-year-old award-winning creative and cultural entrepreneur, who started his first company at the age of 14.
- Parneet Pal (Chief Science Officer at Wisdom Labs) is a Harvard-trained physician who works at the intersection of lifestyle medicine, behavior change and technology focused on prevention. Together with Bastian Lehmann, Michael Bohmeyer, Silvia Christmann and Tara-Nicholle Nelson she will take part in the discussion panel on the future of work.
- Cassie Kozyrkov (Chief Decision Scientist at Google) is the innovator behind bringing the practice of Decision Intelligence to Google, personally training over 15,000 Googlers. She will talk about the decision intelligence engineering that uses machine learning and AI to improve businesses. She’ll also look into advantages and disadvantages of AI in general.
- Ralf Wenzel is Chief Strategy Officer at Delivery Hero—the leading online food ordering and delivery marketplace. He’s responsible for group strategy, investor relations and corporate comms. Ralf is also a founder and former CEO of the Foodpanda Group. During TOA, together with Robin Wouters (Founding Editor at Tech.eu) will discuss the evolving trends in the food consumption industry.
Head of Marketing
Senior Communication Specialist