We sat down with the Product Design Director at ConsenSys Sarah Baker Mills to talk about designing for blockchain and the challenges that come with it.
Design Process—Defining Your Product through Research and User Testing
At Polidea we believe that a great digital product requires a certain set of design development guidelines that need to be taken and performed thoroughly. In the last article you had a chance to get a closer look into the first one of them—the Discovery Pack.
Discovery Pack covers strategy and ideation—the initial phase serving a starting point in the product creation. When conducted properly, it optimizes the work later.
Design process offer
Today let’s focus on the 2nd stage of Polidea’s design process: the Defining Pack. Once we identify your business problem and outlined the solution idea, it’s time to get to work! Here we will translate the vision into design and development guidelines through user testing, research and audit.
So, why do you need our Defining Pack?
- To get to know the user and their needs and recognize how this might translate into product design.
- To establish goals, assumptions and guidelines for a product
- To establish a functions list, scope and analyze all positive and negative users paths.
- To estimate the product and guidelines for developers
DETERMINING YOUR VISION
We want to make sure your end product is accessible, usable and the best it can be. We’ll combine your goals and requirements with our research, expertise and creativity.
No designing process can start without determining your target users aka personas. We’ll conduct descriptions of user’s profiles, their problems and needs, as well as the environment and the context of the usage.
Your co-workers, our team...are not the end users, no matter how great we think the product is. User testing must involve people outside your work circle and preferably your target users. Addressing the issues right away, even before the problem starts will save you time and money later on. Polidea's Creative Team has got you covered with their user testing methods.
To learn from others’ mistakes and successes, we’ll run an audit of existing competitive or similar solutions on the grounds of functionality, usability and user experience.
OUTCOME YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THE DEFINING PACK
- The final functions list along with a graph showing the structure
- The exact MVP scope, milestones and development cycles
- Clear goals, assumptions, expectations and personas
Make sure you check out the upcoming posts about Design Pack (3)—in which designers create all designs of a product plus assets and guidelines for developers—and Design Pack (4) which focuses on gathering feedback about your product and improving the interactive experience it offers.
Check out one of Polidea’s design projects:
Want to learn more about Papereed? Click here
- UlaCommunication Specialist
- KarolinaHead of DesignKarolina leads Polidea’s Creative Team and achieves the balance between the needs of the user and the expectations of the client. All in the pursuit of the best designs and immersive user experiences.