Each and every day at Polidea we stumble upon plenty of challenges related to mobile software development. Sometimes it’s a new API that does not work as we expected, sometimes a new device on the market displays some unexpected behavior. Often we find that a particularly tricky problem will require an innovative algorithm or rethinking our design decisions. Once in a while though, we find a bug deep in the operating system, something we would never expect and something that requires a lot of time and head scratching to figure out.
Fortunately, we are not alone in our struggle. Many other software engineers around the world encounter similar issues and often share their findings on twitter, blogs or sites like Stackoverflow. Often, it saves us a lot of time and allows us to do our job faster. We are very grateful to these guys.
From the very beginning of Polidea we were aware of the debt we owe to the whole software engineer community, so that’s why we started to publish parts of our internal findings as open source libraries. Today, we are going to share with you even more: our small daily findings that saved us lots of time and we believe may help you as well. Even if we are not giants on whose shoulders you can stand, we believe that every little helps.